Monday, March 26, 2012

I ❤ NY

I just love New York City. It's magical - the people, the lights, the history.  I went on a cruise around Manhattan last night with a couple of girlfriends and I had the chance to snap a couple of pictures with my phone.






I'm fortunate to live as close to the City as I do, but sometimes I sure do wish that I lived in the middle of it all!  One of my goals for the summer is to spend more time gallivanting around town ... there's so much to do!!

One of the saddest things about living in New York is that there are no Chick-fil-a restaurants to be found (with the exception of the one on campus at NYU, but you have to have a student ID to get in now!).  So, I did what every southern-born-and-raised girl would do - I searched Pinterest and I found a recipe for homemade Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets - and it is DELICIOUS!!!!  Seriously, they taste exactly the same.  Thankfully the restaurant sells barbeque sauce in 8 oz. containers.  I will definitely be stocking up the next time I'm home!!

So ... a police officer friend of mine recently joined the K-9 unit, and because he's now providing room and board for his four-legged partner, he has discovered that the doggie and his cat just aren't getting along.  In fact, on more than one occasion he has had to remove the cat from the dog's mouth.  A month or two ago I toyed with the idea of adopting a kitty, but I never really did anything about it.  Now he's offering the kitty and all that goes along with it!  He's adorable ... look!




I should, shouldn't I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment